It can be a challenge to find options for cosmetic dentistry without information on what it entails and who the best provider would be. Porcelain veneer services, for example, are a specialty when it comes to dental procedures.
Supreme Dentistry offers porcelain veneers as a way to improve the appearance of your teeth while boosting your confidence. When considering cosmetic dental options, it’s crucial to understand the details, care, and benefits of veneers. Call Supreme Dentistry today at 844.966.2333 to better understand the benefits of veneers.
Advantages of Veneers
There are many benefits of veneers when considering your options for cosmetic dentistry. Veneers provide several advantages, such as:
Veneers are universally known as a visually appealing option for cosmetic and corrective dental services. They tend to be lighter than the natural color of teeth, cover cracks, chips, or damage to the surface of teeth, and be shaped in a way that provides a straighter, more even smile.
Depending on the type of veneers that are applied, veneers can last twenty years, depending on the daily dental hygiene maintained over the life of the veneers. The non-porous texture of veneers means less prone to tooth decay, such as permanent stains and cavities.
Veneers keep teeth healthy by resisting stains and decay, reducing plaque buildup, and correcting uneven bites.
Veneers usually require two appointments. The first appointment involves taking impressions of the teeth and sending them to the lab. The second appointment is for preparing the teeth for veneer application. This means a minimal amount of enamel, about ½ millimeter, will be shaved off to make room for the veneer. Once the veneers are finished and returned after about two to four weeks, they can be applied and bonded to the surface of the teeth.
There are various options available for individuals with damaged, stained, or unattractive teeth. However, some treatments may be invasive and require procedures like implants, dental crowns, and anesthesia. Still, veneers are quick and easy, with little preparation and no pain or healing process.
Types of Veneers
Dental technology has significantly advanced over the last couple of decades. This means individuals have more options to choose from than ever before for their dental veneers. Each type has pros and cons. Talk with our dentist about which type is best for you.
Veneer examples may include:
- Composite – These are the least expensive option for veneers, are often made out of plastic, and can last up to seven years despite the inexpensive material used
- Temporary – Temporary veneers are not meant for long-term use but often as in-between options while waiting for a full set of veneers or if only needed for a short period to remove them.
- Palatal – These veneers are placed on the back of the teeth rather than the front to strengthen and reinforce sensitive, eroded, or delicate teeth.
- Lumineer™ – While very similar to porcelain veneers in terms of longevity and appearance, this type of veneer is durable, attractive, and reversible if a patient changes their mind about the procedure.
- Porcelain – This type of veneer is the most classic option for cosmetic dental applications due to its strength and ability to be customized and sized perfectly for each patient.
- CEREC® – These veneers are unique in that they can be applied to the teeth in a single session at the dentist’s office, cut, and customized for each patient.
Our dentists at Supreme Dentistry will help you find the perfect solution for your teeth and smile. We’ll provide you with all the information you need to make an informed decision.
How Long Do Veneers Last?
Veneers, when properly cared for, can last quite a long time. The lifespan largely depends on the type of veneer you choose and how well you maintain them. However, there are a few key factors that can significantly influence the longevity of your veneers:
- Maintenance – Regular brushing and flossing, along with routine check-ups at the dentist, can help ensure your veneers stay in good condition.
- Lifestyle – Habits like smoking, drinking excessive coffee or wine, or regularly eating hard, crunchy foods can damage veneers over time.
- Oral health – Good oral health is key. Gum disease, tooth decay, and other dental issues can affect the lifespan of your veneers.
- Proper fit and installation – The skill and expertise of your dentist are crucial. The better the veneers fit, the longer they will last.
Consult your dentist for proper care instructions to maximize the lifespan of your veneers.
Make an Appointment with Supreme Dentistry Today
Are you looking for cosmetic dental options in Houston, Texas? Look no further than Supreme Dentistry. Our expert team can help you improve the look, feel, and integrity of your teeth with a range of restorative procedures. Schedule your first appointment today and take the first step towards a brighter, straighter smile.
Our team of professionals will discuss all the options for veneers and other cosmetic dentistry services with you. We’ll analyze and recommend the best veneer for your teeth and give you tips on caring for them and saving money in the long run.