Dental bonding is a simple and inexpensive cosmetic dental procedure that restores the quality and functionality of teeth. It is a painless procedure that can address and fix chips, discoloration, and gaps. At Supreme Dentistry, we offer dental bonding as one of several cosmetic dentistry procedures designed to improve your teeth’ appearance and restore your confidence.
How Does Dental Bonding Work?
The first stage is a consultation appointment with your Supreme Dentistry dentist to discuss options and determine what issues you would like to have our dental bonding services address. Once decided, your dentist will help you pick a composite resin color that matches your existing teeth. Once the color is determined, then the procedure can get underway in earnest.
Your dentist will prep the bond composite. As the composite readies, your teeth surface will be cleaned then abraded, so there is a rough surface for the bonding to adhere to. The composite resin will be added to the area, then molded. A heatless UV (ultraviolet) light will be used to activate or solidify the resin. Your dentist may further shape the resin as it hardens. Lastly, the composite resin is polished and buffed so that it resembles your natural teeth.
With the procedure complete, there are some things you should keep in mind to get the most out of your dental bonds. Avoid chewing on ice cubes, hard foods, or candies because they can damage the bond. Drinking a lot of coffee, tea, red wine, or smoking will discolor your dental bonds just as much as it discolors your natural teeth. It’s best to break or reduce these habits. However, you can still have teeth whitening done after dental bonding; the whitening won’t harm the composite resin.
Issues Dental Bonding Can Resolve
Cosmetic procedures are often to improve appearance. However, the issues cosmetic procedures address also affect the quality of an individual’s oral health. While some issues aren’t pressing concerns, many patients discover once they have a procedure like dental bonding done, they wonder how they ever got along without it. Some common issues dental bonding address include:
- Chipped or cracked teeth: The composite resin used in dental bonding can smooth over jagged chips and camouflage cracks.
- Discolored teeth: It’s not uncommon for teeth to stain, especially in adults who smoke or have drunk a lot of tea or coffee. Bonding can correct discoloration that otherwise couldn’t be addressed through teeth whitening, restoring your smile’s uniformity.
- Gaps and spaces: Sometimes, due to tooth loss or extraction, individuals have gaps or spaces between their teeth. Superficially, this can make people overly self-conscious about their smile, but it can also affect oral health as gaps and spaces increase the risk of gum disease and other issues. Dental bonding can fill the gaps between teeth that don’t necessitate braces or some other procedure.
- Irregular teeth: Sometimes teeth get worn down or are simply smaller than the other teeth around them. Bonding is a way to make an irregularly sized tooth resemble the others in your mouth.
Discover More Cosmetic Dental Services with Supreme Dentistry
Dental bonding has numerous advantages. The cost of bonding is lower than many other procedures and nearly always covered by dental insurance. The procedure is quick, normally only taking a single appointment, and easy, usually requiring no anesthesia.
Dental bonding is just one of the cosmetic dental services we offer at Supreme Dentistry. For individuals in need of alignment, we offer Invisalign and ClearCorrect braces. Our dental veneers are a restorative option, and our standard teeth whitening can brighten anyone’s smile. At Supreme Dentistry, we’re proud to provide family and other general dentistry services such as:
- Dental cleanings
- Dental fillings and crowns
- Tooth extractions
- Dental implants
Contact us today at 844.966.2333 for a consultation or to schedule an appointment.
Learn more about dental bonding and other services we offer by checking out these blogs: