Dental bonding is a simple and inexpensive cosmetic dental procedure that restores the quality and functionality of teeth. The procedure can be used to correct a wide range of dental problems, from cracked or chipped teeth to gaps between teeth. Bonded teeth may eventually become stained or discolored. In addition, bonded teeth may require more frequent cleaning than natural teeth. However, dental bonding can be an excellent option for those who want to improve the appearance of their smile without spending a lot of money.
Dental bonding can be done in a single visit to our office and can last for years with proper care. At Supreme Dentistry, we offer several cosmetic dentistry procedures designed to improve the appearance of your teeth and restore your confidence. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.
What Is Dental Bonding?
Supreme Dentistry offers various cosmetic dental services in Houston, TX, including dental bonding. Dental bonding is a popular cosmetic dental procedure because it can be less expensive than other options, such as veneers, and can happen in one office visit. The people who benefit the most from dental bonding have healthy teeth and gums and do not smoke. Some standard benefits of dental bonding include:
- It’s less expensive than veneers
- The procedure can occur in one office visit
- It’s a painless procedure that does not require anesthesia
- The resin used is tooth-colored, so it looks natural
Some types of dental bonding are not as durable as other cosmetic dental procedures, such as veneers, but they can last for many years with proper care. Don’t hesitate to contact our office to schedule a consultation and for more information on dental bonding. We will be happy to answer any questions and help you decide if this is the right procedure.
How Does Dental Bonding Work?
The first stage is a consultation appointment with your Supreme Dentistry dentist to discuss options and determine what issues you would like to have our dental bonding services address. Once decided, your dentist will help you pick a composite resin color that matches your existing teeth. Once the color is determined, then the procedure can get underway.
Your dentist will prep the bond composite. As the composite readies, your tooth’s surface will be cleaned and then rubbed so the bonding has a rough surface to adhere to. The composite resin will be added to the area, then molded. Afterward, your dentist will put a heatless ultraviolet (UV) light on the area to activate or solidify the resin. Your dentist may further shape the resin as it hardens. Lastly, the composite resin is polished and buffed to resemble your natural teeth.
Taking Care of Your Dental Bonding
With the procedure complete, there are some things you should keep in mind to get the most out of your dental bonds. Avoid chewing on ice cubes, hard foods, or candies because they can damage the bond. Drinking a lot of coffee, tea, red wine, or smoking will discolor your dental bonds just as much as it discolors your natural teeth. It’s best to break or reduce these habits. However, you can still have teeth whitening done after dental bonding. Teeth whitening won’t harm the composite resin.
Issues Dental Bonding Can Resolve
Cosmetic procedures are often to improve appearance. However, the issues cosmetic procedures address also affect the quality of an individual’s oral health. While some issues aren’t pressing concerns, many patients discover once they have a procedure like dental bonding done, they wonder how they ever got along without it. Some common issues dental bonding addresses include:
- Chipped or cracked teeth – The composite resin used in dental bonding can smooth over jagged chips and camouflage cracks.
- Discolored teeth – It’s not uncommon for teeth to stain, especially in adults who smoke or have drunk a lot of tea or coffee. Bonding can correct discoloration that couldn’t be addressed through teeth whitening, restoring your smile’s uniformity.
- Gaps and spaces – Due to tooth loss or extraction, individuals have gaps or spaces between their teeth. Superficially, this can make people overly self-conscious about their smile, but it can also affect oral health as gaps increase the risk of gum disease and other issues. Dental bonding can fill the gaps between teeth that don’t necessitate braces or other procedures.
- Irregular teeth – Teeth can get worn down or are smaller than the other teeth around them. Bonding is a way to make an irregularly sized tooth resemble the others in your mouth.
Discover More Cosmetic Dental Services with Supreme Dentistry
Dental bonding has numerous advantages. The cost of bonding is lower than many other procedures and nearly always covered by dental insurance. The procedure is quick, usually only taking a single appointment. It’s a relatively straightforward procedure and requires no anesthesia.
Dental bonding is just one of the cosmetic dental services we offer at Supreme Dentistry. For individuals in need of alignment, we offer Invisalign and ClearCorrect braces. Our dental veneers are a restorative option, and our standard teeth whitening can brighten anyone’s smile. At Supreme Dentistry, we’re proud to provide family and other general dentistry services such as:
- Dental cleanings
- Dental fillings and crowns
- Tooth extractions
- Dental implants
Contact us today at 844.966.2333 for a consultation or to schedule an appointment for dental bonding in Houston, TX.