Taking care of your oral health is a vital part of your health overall. As a result, it’s critical to go to your general dentist in Houston for biannual checkups and dental cleanings. Doing so can help you avoid dental health issues, such as plaque and cavities, and catch more serious problems, including oral cancer and cavities. However, at times, you may need emergency dental services to assist with unexpected oral health problems.
If someone is experiencing a dental problem that requires treatment from an emergency dentist, such as a cracked or knocked-out tooth, they need emergency dental services. Ignoring these problems can lead to requiring more extensive and expensive treatments later. If you need immediate treatment for a dental problem, contact Supreme Dentistry today by calling 844.966.2333.
What Are Emergency Dental Services?
A mild toothache or broken crown is annoying, but these are not actually emergencies. However, there are many reasons that you should go to a dental expert for emergency dentistry services. For instance, if your tooth is extremely painful and needs to be extracted due to cavities or an infection, you may need to see your dentist. Your dentist can remove the tooth using the required techniques and equipment.
If your jaw is swelling and is extremely painful, you should see a dentist as soon as possible. They can prescribe prescription drugs or perform a root canal to give you relief, allowing you to put an end to the infection.
In addition, you may have a dental emergency if your tooth is severely chipped or damaged, or it has been knocked out. In this case, your dentist can help repair the tooth or put it back into place, ensuring a healthy smile. They can also repair damaged wires, broken brackets, or restore crowns that have fallen out.
While You’re Waiting For Emergency Dental Services
If you’re in extreme amounts of pain, it can be a challenge to wait to receive emergency dental services. However, it would help if you stayed calm. If your tooth has been knocked out, try to put the tooth back into the socket, and place a piece of gauze over it to keep it in place. Try not to touch the tooth’s root, as this may introduce bacteria.
If your jaw is swelling, you can rinse your mouth using warm and salty water. Doing this should reduce pain. You can also put a cold piece of gauze near the tooth to cut down on the swelling.
Contact Supreme Dentistry
At Supreme Dentistry, our experts will help you support your oral health. They will combine the latest techniques and tools to keep your smile as beautiful and healthy as possible. Our Houston, Texas dentist’s office offers a range of general, family, and cosmetic dental services to our patients. A few of our services include:
- Teeth cleanings: Biannual teeth cleanings make sure that your teeth are healthy and that they look as nice as possible. They can also ensure that your gums are healthy and not at risk for periodontal disease.
- Veneers: If you don’t like the appearance or shape of your teeth, dental veneers are a good choice for you. These thin wafers lie on top of your natural teeth and improve the look of your teeth.
- Teeth whitening: Our teeth lose the pearly white glow due to staining from coffee and tea. With teeth whitening, we give you back the sparkling appearance you’ve lost.
- Dental fillings: If you have cavities, leaving them open can be dangerous for your health. With dental fillings, we can clean out the infection and fill the tooth to ensure that it does not return.
If you need dental treatments or emergency dental services, then contact Supreme Dentistry today at 844.966.2333.
Read more about emergency dental services and related topics by checking out these blogs:
- What to Do in an Emergency Dental Situation
- What Is a Dental Emergency?
- Pediatric Dental Emergency
- Common Dental Emergencies