If you need dental crowns, look no further than Supreme Dentistry. We can help fix cracked or damaged teeth with realistic-looking dental crowns. Our experienced general dentists and hygienists ensure you are comfortable in our peaceful office during the procedure. And we even offer same-day crowns to make the process as convenient as possible. To schedule an appointment for general dentistry in Houston, TX, call Supreme Dentistry at 844.966.2333.
What Are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns are essentially caps that cover the top of your teeth. They’re typically used to restore cracked or damaged teeth’s shape, size, strength, or appearance. Crowns help your teeth return to full functionality while looking even better than before. Traditional dental crowns require two visits to the dentist’s office first to create a mold of your tooth and then place the crown on your tooth. However, same-day crowns offer convenience by requiring just one appointment.
If you’re not sure if you need dental crowns, consider the following:
- Do you have a cracked tooth?
- Is your tooth damaged from decay?
- Does your tooth have a large filling?
- Do you have a dental implant?
- Is your tooth misshapen or discolored?
If you can answer “yes” to any of the above, a dental crown can help. Reach out to Supreme Dentistry to learn more about same-day crowns.
Some of the benefits of same-day crowns include the following:
- They preserve your healthy teeth
- Since they are permanently attached, you don’t have to worry about an uncomfortable temporary crown
- Placing same-day crowns take less time out of your busy schedule than traditional crowns
- They look, feel, and function like your regular teeth
- Same-day crowns are durable and are not prone to cracks or other flaws
- They expand and contract with the temperature
Dental crowns are an ideal solution for cracked or damaged teeth. And with same-day crowns, you can get the procedure done quickly and easily. Schedule an appointment at Supreme Dentistry to learn more about dental crown services dental crowns in Houston, TX.
Dental Crown Procedures
First, your dentist will prepare your tooth for the dental crown. Some patients who are getting a crown need a root canal or other procedures to get rid of any decay or damaged material. Next, your dentist will take pictures of your tooth with a 3D camera to make digital impressions instead of traditional impressions, which involve clamping down on a putty material for several minutes.
These digital impressions are used to create a custom-made porcelain crown for your tooth. Since this process can be completed in-office, you will not have to leave with a temporary crown and return in a week or two. Instead, your dentist can place your crown immediately by bonding it to your tooth.
Taking Care of Dental Crowns
If you recently received crowns for your teeth or are expecting to get dental crowns, you’ll need to take extra care of your teeth to ensure that the crowns last as long as possible. Here are a few tips for how to care for your dental crowns:
- Brush twice a day – You should brush your teeth at least twice daily to remove any plaque or bacteria that may have built up on your teeth. Be sure to use a soft-bristled toothbrush and gentle circular motions.
- Floss daily – Flossing your teeth at least once daily removes any food particles or plaque that may have gathered between your teeth.
- Use mouthwash – Mouthwash can help remove any bacteria or plaque you may have missed while brushing and flossing.
- Avoid hard foods – Hard foods can crack or chip your dental crowns, so it’s best to avoid them if possible. If you do eat hard foods, be sure to bite into them carefully and use your back teeth.
- See your dentist regularly – You should see your dentist every six months for a routine cleaning and checkup. During these appointments, your dentist will check for any problems with your dental crowns.
Following these tips can help ensure that your dental crowns last for many years. For more information about how to care for your dental crowns, schedule an appointment with Supreme Dentistry.
Dental Crowns and General Dentistry at Supreme Dentistry
If you need dental crowns in Houston, contact Supreme Dentistry today. We’ll work with your schedule to help restore your teeth back to full functionality and appearance. If you’re experiencing pain or sensitivity, make an appointment to see if you need a dental crown.
Find out why Supreme Dentistry is Houston’s premier dental practice. Our staff is ready to answer your questions, tell you more about the dental crown procedure, and walk you through each step of the process. Give us a call at 844.966.2333 or contact us online to set up an appointment.