- Do you have a cracked tooth?
- Is your tooth damaged from decay?
- Does your tooth have a large filling?
- Do you have a dental implant?
- Is your tooth misshapen or discolored?
- They preserve your healthy teeth
- Since they are permanently attached, you don’t have to worry about an uncomfortable temporary crown
- Placing same-day crowns take less time out of your busy schedule than traditional crowns
- They look, feel, and function like your regular teeth
- Same-day crowns are durable and are not prone to cracks or other flaws
- They expand and contract with the temperature
Dental Crown ProceduresFirst, your dentist will prepare your tooth for the dental crown. Some patients who are getting a crown need a root canal or other procedure to get rid of any decay or damaged material. Next, your dentist will take pictures of your tooth with a 3D camera to make digital impressions instead of traditional impressions, which involve clamping down on a putty material for several minutes. These digital impressions are used to create a porcelain crown that is custom-made for your tooth. Since this process can be completed in-office, you will not have to leave with a temporary crown and come back in a week or two. Instead, your dentist will be able to place your crown right away by bonding it to your tooth. To care for your new crown, practice good oral hygiene. Brush your teeth twice a day, floss, and avoid eating hard candy or chewing ice, which could damage your new crown. Visiting your dentist twice a year can also ensure that you catch any issues before they develop further.
Same-Day Dental Crowns and General Dentistry at Supreme DentistryIf you’re in need of dental crowns in Houston, contact Supreme Dentistry today. We’ll work with your schedule to help restore your teeth back to full functionality and appearance. If you’re experiencing pain or sensitivity, make an appointment to see if you need a dental crown. We also offer the following services at our dental practice:
- Teeth cleanings
- Dental fillings
- Porcelain veneers
- Teeth whitening
- Invisalign clear aligners
- Dental implants