What Is the Average Cost For Invisalign?Invisalign is a customized straightening treatment that is unique to your teeth. The cost associated with Invisalign depends heavily on how many dental visits and aligners you will need to complete your treatment. On average, the cost for Invisalign is between $3000 and $8000. However, most patients pay between $4000 to $5000 for the treatment. The best way to determine Invisalign’s cost is to schedule a consultation with an orthodontist who can provide you with an estimate.
Determining Invisalign CostThe expense associated with your Invisalign treatment is going to be based on many factors. The Invisalign cost is based greatly on the following:
- Condition of Your Teeth. The complexity of your teeth will be one of the determining factors. For some people, more time and supplies need to be used to straighten the teeth. This will mean more dental visits to meet your needs.
- Orthodontist Expertise. The more experienced the orthodontist, the higher the Invisalign cost. With Invisalign, dental providers are rated on an eight-tier scale called Invisalign.
- Advantage. Bronze is the lowest tier, and Diamond II is the highest tier that can be achieved. With every Invisalign treatment completed, an orthodontist can advance to another tier.
- Retainers. Following your Invisalign treatment, you will have to wear retainers to prevent your teeth from shifting.
- Refined Treatment. You will need to visit your orthodontist periodically to measure your progress. If your teeth move too slowly during the treatment or do not follow the original treatment plan, your orthodontist will have to create new aligners.
- Dental Practice Location. The location of your dentist’s office can mean higher or lower costs for you, the patient. If you reside in a rural town, your Invisalign cost will likely be lower than in an urban environment.
Paying for InvisalignIf you are interested in straightening your teeth with the help of Invisalign, there are a number of ways to offset the cost. Paying for Invisalign can be assisted with the help of:
- Dental insurance provider. Most dental insurance plans include Invisalign treatments since it is an orthodontic procedure. An insurance plan often covers up to 50 percent of a patient’s treatment costs.
- Pre-tax dollars from a flexible spending account (FSA) or health savings account (HSA).
- An FSA is a pre-tax account offered through your employer. You can pay for specific medical, dental, or orthodontic expenses through this account.
- An HSA is a savings account for people with high deductibles on their health insurance. You save money through this account and can use it to pay for specific orthodontic, dental, or medical expenses.
- Financing Options. In addition to credit cards, many dentists offer monthly payment plans to their patients. Supreme Dentistry partners with Care Credit to offer monthly payments to patients.