Cracked teeth can be dangerous and painful. Without treatment, nerve root damage can occur. Other times, an infection can occur and lead to extensive health risks. Treatment for cracked teeth can include fillings, dental crowns, root canal therapy, or extraction. It is essential to seek treatment as soon as possible to avoid further damage and discomfort.
It is best to immediately reach out to a dentist if you have any dental pain or discomfort, especially if you have a chipped tooth. At Supreme Dentistry, we can support you in fixing the problem correctly. Contact us at 844.966.2333
to schedule a consultation and to learn more about our emergency dental services in Houston, Texas.
When to Get Help for Cracked Teeth
If you have a chipped or cracked tooth, your first reaction may be to touch the surface. Avoid doing so. Instead, rinse your mouth with warm water to clean the area. If the area is bleeding, apply pressure to it until it stops. If a significant amount of bleeding does not stop, it is critical to visit a local emergency room.
If you have the tooth, wrap it in wet gauze to protect it. Please bring it with you when you visit your dentist. Our primary goal is to have many options available to fix cracked teeth.
Some cracks may not require treatment. That includes those minimal and only impacts the tooth’s enamel. These are some of the most common cracks. Other cracks should be seen by a dentist as soon as possible. We recommend calling our team for emergency dental services. That includes situations in which:
- Cracked tooth falls out (or most of it falls out)
- Cracks involving pain
- A very sharp crack
- Cracks impacting more than one tooth
- Traumatic tooth injury, such as from impact to the mouth
Don’t wait if you have a cracked tooth. We look forward to helping you feel better and protecting your smile.
How Are Cracked Teeth Fixed?
Depending on the crack’s location and depth, your dentist will determine which treatment to use. Some of the options available include:
- Dental bonding – Bonding applies a resin to the surface to shape the tooth. It can fill in where the missing piece is. Bonding helps hold the broken piece of the tooth in place if you still have it.
- Polishing – If a small amount of the tooth is chipped, your dentist may polish the surface and edge. That may minimize the presence of sharp edges.
- Fillings – There are some situations where the dentist may need to perform a root canal and filling treatment. This may be beneficial if there is extensive damage to the tooth, but it can still be saved. Fillings and root canals are helpful when the injury extends into the tooth’s pulp.
- Surgical Procedures – When the cracked tooth is a molar, the dentist may need to perform oral surgery to address a fractured root. This may involve the removal of one of the two roots these teeth have.
- Extraction – As a last-case solution, the dentist may decide to extract the tooth if it cannot be saved.
To determine which type of treatment is suitable for you, contact us at Supreme Dentistry.
How Much Does Repairing Cracked Teeth Cost?
One of the most common questions is how much it will cost to repair a cracked tooth. Unfortunately, the answer is not always straightforward, as several factors can affect the price. The type of crack, the tooth’s location, and the damage’s severity all play a role in determining the cost. Some factors when it comes to the cost of repairing cracked teeth can be:
- Type of treatment used
- Dental insurance coverage
- Need for additional treatments (such as a root canal)
Smaller cracks can be generally repaired with bonding or veneers, while larger ones may require crowns or implants. The best way to get an accurate estimate is to come in for a consultation so we can take a closer look at the damage and recommend the best course of treatment. Regardless of the cost, getting cracked teeth fixed as soon as possible is essential to avoid further damage and ensure oral health.
Schedule a Consultation at Supreme Dentistry
If you have a cracked tooth, make the call to see our team today. We offer a range of cracked teeth treatment options that may improve your pain and smile. Contact
Supreme Dentistry at 844.966.2333
or connect with us online to learn more about our services. We offer emergency dental services to help you.