If you have missing teeth, then one of the best ways to return your teeth to full functionality is by getting dentures. These are a removable dental device designed to replace your missing teeth. They look like your natural teeth and, because they fit snugly against your gums and other teeth, they allow individuals to regain full use of their teeth. Your general dentist at Supreme Dentistry offers dentures you can take pride in. Whether full or partial dentures, we can maintain them, correct their fit, adjust them for comfort, and repair them if worn down by use.
Once you and your dentist decide dentures are the best option for you, the process is relatively straight-forward. Getting dentures can take anywhere between three to six weeks. This is due to the denture-making process. At your dental appointments at Supreme Dentistry, we’ll do the following:
- Impression: We’ll take several impressions of your jaw and measure space in your mouth.
- Model: We create a wax or plastic mold in the shape of your teeth and denture. As you try it on, we make adjustments to the color, shape, and fit.
- Cast: Once you are satisfied with the temporary dentures, we cast the permanent ones and then adjust them to your mouth.
There are numerous benefits to having dentures. For instance, they replace the gums and teeth lost due to gum disease, tooth decay, or injury, restoring your smile. While it may seem cosmetic, many individuals experience a significant boost in confidence when they have their smile restored. Likewise, restoring your ability to speak and chew properly can boost confidence and improve an individual’s health and well-being. Some other benefits of dentures include:
- Support to your facial features. Dentures prevent some of the side effects of missing teeth, such as sagging cheeks.
- Dentures can be easily removed so they can be cleaned.
- Conventional dentures are an excellent way to avoid surgical procedures.
Types of Dentures
As with any dental procedure or device, you have several options to choose from to fit your specific needs. When looking for dentures, Supreme Dentistry can guide you through the process and help you select the type of dentures best suited for you. Some of the types of dentures we offer include:
- Full Dentures: These consist of both upper and lower sets. Made from porcelain or acrylic and held together by an acrylic or metal base, these are designed for when you need all of your teeth. When properly maintained, complete dentures can last up to ten years.
- Partial Dentures: This type of dentures is designed to fill gaps created by missing teeth. They are usually unclipped and removed when needed for cleaning at home and when they aren’t needed.
- Flexible Dentures: A kind of partial denture, flexible dentures are made of a different material than full or partial dentures, usually a thin plastic. Some find these dentures more comfortable and can look and feel more natural.
- Fixed Bridge: This is when missing teeth are replaced by cementing an artificial tooth (a crown) to the remaining natural teeth on either side.
- Cantilever Bridge: Used when a molar is missing, and there are no teeth on one side of it to support the bridge.
- Snap-on Dentures: These are a kind of removable crown that snap on and off of surgically inserted implants in your jawbone. They fasten securely so you can chew the foods you love without worrying about your dentures coming loose.
General Dentistry at Supreme Dentistry
If you need dentures or a dentist who can help you maintain your dentures, look no further than Supreme Dentistry. Our general dentistry services can help you and your entire family with our family. To schedule an appointment at Supreme Dentistry, contact us today at 844.966.2333.