Cracked and decaying teeth can leave you feeling less than confident in your appearance. When a tooth has endured trauma, a dentist has two options: extraction or a dental crown. While an extraction will remove the tooth from your mouth, a dental crown will restore a damaged tooth to its original size, shape, and function.
At Supreme Dentistry, we replace damaged or cracked teeth with crowns that appear much like teeth. Whether you need an extensive treatment that includes a temporary crown followed by a permanent crown or you would like a same-day process, we are here to help you. Our team of experienced dentists and hygienists will support you as you replace damaged teeth with a bright, vibrant smile. Reach us at 844.966.2333
to learn about dental crowns
What Is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is a cap covering a person’s teeth. The purpose of crowns is to restore the appearance of damaged teeth. With a dental crown, your teeth will return to their original functionality while also replacing the appearance of a cracked tooth or one damaged as a result of tooth decay.
5 Benefits of Dental Crowns
The benefits of choosing dental crowns are plenty. Dentists and patients alike prefer dental crowns because they:
- Save Damaged Teeth From Removal: When a dentist decides to save a damaged tooth with a dental crown, you will have a fully functioning tooth again—no more chewing on the other side of your mouth to avoid pain. Your dentist will clean and file your tooth before installing the crown. Placing the crown on top of your damaged tooth will reinforce your tooth’s strength, making it healthy.
- Protect Teeth From Falling Apart: Irreversible pulpitis is when inflammation has damaged a tooth’s pulp and can no longer be saved. Also known as a dead tooth, if left untreated, the tooth can break into pieces. After performing a root canal to remove the infected pulp, a dentist can fill the hole and cover the tooth with a crown.
- Protection Against Further Tooth Decay: There are only so many times a dentist can treat a tooth for decay. After multiple treatments, a dental crown is a great solution. A dental crown will cover the entire tooth, preventing bacteria, acid, starch, and sugars from further damaging the tooth.
- Cost-Effective Cosmetic Treatment: Dental crowns easily conceal teeth that are crooked, discolored, or even chipped. In some cases, crowns are used to fill spaces where no teeth are present. In addition, dentists can use crowns to close gaps between your teeth.
- Long-Lasting Cosmetic Dentistry: If you are interested in cosmetic dentistry to restore the appearance of your teeth, you will need a solid and durable replacement. While veneers and dental bonding are both options, they are not as strong as dental crowns. In addition, fillings, onlays, and inlays are not as durable as crowns.
Unlike other types of restorative dentistry, dental crowns do not move or shift. Since crowns are cemented firmly in the place of a missing or damaged tooth, there is no worry that they will lose their position.
Types of Dental Crowns
Another reason dental crowns are so beneficial is that many types of dental crowns are available to patients. Here are some dental crown choices:
- Gold Crowns
- All Porcelain
- Porcelain Fused-to-Metal Crowns (PFM)
- Zirconia Crowns
- E- MAX: Lithium Disilicate Crowns
At Supreme Dentistry, we will help you choose the type of dental crown right for you.
Replace Cracked Teeth with a Dental Crown at Supreme Dentistry
There’s no need to have chipped, cracked, or even discolored teeth. Dental crowns will protect your teeth from further decay, strengthen their appearance and boost your confidence. Our team of general dentists and hygienists will help you achieve the oral health and appearance you deserve. Contact us today at 844.966.2333
to schedule your appointment.