What Is Preventative Dental Care?Preventative dental care, like any preventative care, helps stop injury or illness before it starts. Once adult teeth grow in, they are our only set of teeth for adulthood. Regular preventative dental care can help people establish good dental hygiene and monitor dental concerns like gum disease, tartar buildup, or cavities. Dental check-ups usually happen twice a year with cleanings. Teeth cleanings focus on gum health, tartar buildup, tooth decay, cavities, and overall oral health. They can spot major dental problems before they occur. These check-ups offer the opportunity to focus on the best brushing and flossing habits for your mouth. Dentists can recommend special toothpaste, flosses, water pics, and other at-home tools to help keep your mouth in top condition. Preventative dental care has many benefits for overall health. It is also great for your budget. Over time, general dentistry services like preventative care cost thousands of dollars less than emergency dentistry.
Why You Should Consider Preventative Dental CarePreventative dental care is an investment in your overall health. Some benefits of preventative dental care to consider are:
- Lost cost. Annual visits for cleanings and check-ups are very affordable with or without insurance. Dental schools offer even lower rates for general dentistry.
- A picture of full-body health. A dentist can see signs of disease or illness by monitoring your oral health. Sometimes preventative dental care can catch early signs of more serious disease in other parts of the body.
- Increased confidence. Clean, healthy teeth give people a reason to smile. This boosts confidence and social engagement.
- Low time commitment. Dental procedures can take hours and days to recover from. Annual dental visits often take less than an hour.
- Peace of mind. Preventative dental care can keep people from worrying about their oral health. Regular visits to the dentist make teeth a priority rather than a concern.
Contact Supreme Dentistry for Preventative CareWe know the dentist’s chair isn’t anyone’s favorite. Whether you need a new dentist, are ready for an annual cleaning, or have avoided preventative care for a while, Supreme Dentistry is here to help. We understand anxiety and work to create a calm, comfortable, and painless dental experience. Our compassionate office in Houston, TX, provides comprehensive family dentistry. Our general dentistry services include:
- Teeth cleaning
- Teeth whitening
- Veneers and implants
- Invisalign braces
- Full or partial dentures
- Children’s dentistry
- Sedation dentistry
- Orthodontic recommendations
- Preventative care