Good health begins with healthy teeth. Dental care may not be a priority for many of us until we experience toothaches or swollen gums. Preventative care helps stop dental problems before they start. This includes regular check-ups and cleanings. Annual x-rays and dental visits can help keep teeth healthy. Preventative dentistry can also help prevent other diseases and illnesses before symptoms start. General dental services
can prevent disease, tooth loss, and pricey dental services later in life.
If you or your family are looking for compassionate and friendly preventative dental care, call Supreme Dentistry today at 844.966.2333
to learn about our dental services.
What Is Preventative Dental Care?
Preventative dental care, like any preventative care, helps stop injury or illness before it starts. Once adult teeth grow in, they are our only set of teeth for adulthood. Regular preventative dental care can help people establish good dental hygiene and monitor dental concerns like gum disease, tartar buildup, or cavities. Dental check-ups usually happen twice a year with cleanings. Teeth cleanings focus on gum health, tartar buildup, tooth decay, cavities, and overall oral health. They can spot major dental problems before they occur. These check-ups offer the opportunity to focus on the best brushing and flossing habits for your mouth. Dentists can recommend special toothpaste, flosses, water pics, and other at-home tools to help keep your mouth in top condition.
Preventative dental care has many benefits for overall health. It is also great for your budget. Over time, general dentistry services like preventative care cost thousands of dollars less than emergency dentistry.
Why You Should Consider Preventative Dental Care
Preventative dental care is an investment in your overall health. Some benefits of preventative dental care to consider are:
- Lost cost. Annual visits for cleanings and check-ups are very affordable with or without insurance. Dental schools offer even lower rates for general dentistry.
- A picture of full-body health. A dentist can see signs of disease or illness by monitoring your oral health. Sometimes preventative dental care can catch early signs of more serious disease in other parts of the body.
- Increased confidence. Clean, healthy teeth give people a reason to smile. This boosts confidence and social engagement.
- Low time commitment. Dental procedures can take hours and days to recover from. Annual dental visits often take less than an hour.
- Peace of mind. Preventative dental care can keep people from worrying about their oral health. Regular visits to the dentist make teeth a priority rather than a concern.
There are many reasons to consider preventative care. General dentistry is more affordable, saves time, and in the long run, keeps people healthy. While many of us avoid the discomfort of the dentist, preventative care often uses gentle cleaning, polishing, and other treatments to ease stress. Sedation dentistry, fluoride treatments, and a calm office can take the anxiety from visiting the dentist. The truth is, preventative dental care and good at-home hygiene practices prevent painful and scary oral surgeries.
Contact Supreme Dentistry for Preventative Care
We know the dentist’s chair isn’t anyone’s favorite. Whether you need a new dentist, are ready for an annual cleaning, or have avoided preventative care for a while, Supreme Dentistry is here to help. We understand anxiety and work to create a calm, comfortable, and painless dental experience. Our compassionate office in Houston, TX, provides comprehensive family dentistry. Our general dentistry services include:
- Teeth cleaning
- Teeth whitening
- Veneers and implants
- Invisalign braces
- Full or partial dentures
- Children’s dentistry
- Sedation dentistry
- Orthodontic recommendations
- Preventative care
Make your oral health a priority today. Call Supreme Dentistry at 844.966.2333
to learn more and book an appointment with a dentist or hygienist. Your perfect smile is waiting.