Do Young Adults Get Dentures?Our teeth not only impact our health, but they also affect our self-image. A healthy smile boosts confidence and helps people engage with the world around them. While dentures may seem like something for senior citizens, dentures and artificial teeth are more common than we realize. Tooth replacement is increasingly common for people in their twenties and thirties. Those in their forties and beyond are wearing partial or full dentures, too. Some people lose teeth from tooth decay, sports injuries, accidents, eating disorders, or other life events. Others are born without one or more adult teeth. This can lead to embarrassment, low self-esteem, isolation, or bullying. Today’s technology makes dentures affordable, comfortable, and smile-worthy.
Why You Should Consider DenturesDentures may seem like dental products for grandparents and senior citizens. They may seem like a hassle or embarrassment. In reality, dentures can provide a wealth of benefits for younger people dealing with tooth loss, such as:
- Denture technology. Full or partial dentures aren’t what they used to be. Today’s technology provides comfortable, natural-looking full or partial tooth replacement for beautiful smiles.
- Denture fit. The idea of wearing dentures may feel uncomfortable or cumbersome. In reality, today’s dentures have a seamless fit for comfort and confidence.
- Increased confidence. Social stigmas are hard for those missing teeth. Full or partial dentures can restore confidence and self-worth.
- Prevent further damage. Partial dentures can take pressure off remaining teeth and help dentists monitor further tooth decay, chipping, and damage.
- Improved eating habits. A healthy smile can help restore disrupted eating habits caused by injury, decay, or eating disorders. Healthy eating can help sustain healthy teeth.
- Oral Support. Dentures prevent sagging cheeks and other side effects of missing teeth.
- Dentures are easily removed for cleaning. This can help maintain overall oral health.
- Dentures can help prevent oral surgery. They are a great option when surgery isn’t.