What Are Dentures?Dentures are one way to replace missing teeth. These are prosthetic devices placed into the mouth and supported by both the hard and soft tissues. Complete dentures are those that replace most of the teeth in the mouth. Partial dentures replace some of the teeth next to each other but do not replace the entire mouth. Dentures are typically removable, allowing for you to take them out, clean them, and replace them. Today’s products are far more durable and comfortable than older-style dentures. Older products were often limited in their ability to fit properly or to create a strong bite. Today’s dentures look natural and are custom-made to fit a person just right.
What Are Dental Implants?Dental implants are a more invasive option that offers a few key benefits. They are designed to replace missing teeth. They look and function just like a natural tooth. It is possible to have just one dental implant placed or to have several placed to replace all the missing teeth a person has. Implants are surgically placed into the jawbone. They heal over time and then are topped with a crown that looks and functions like a regular tooth.
Dentures or Dental Implants, Which Is the Better Choice?For those look for permanent teeth alternatives, both options can work well. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Dental implants last longer. They can last for 20 or more years with proper care.
- Dentures are a better option for those that want a less expensive solution upfront.
- Dentures are also a faster solution and may be best for those who have weak jawbones.
- Dental implants are very natural looking and function just like the natural tooth.
- Dental implants cost more, but they may be more natural feeling with a better fit, making that worthwhile.
How to Improve Your Smile – Are Dentures for You?To find out what your best options are for improving your smile, visit Supreme Dentistry. Our team will provide a full exam and complete x-rays to determine your oral structure’s overall health. In both dentures and dental implants, it is important to understand the composition and health of the gums and jawbone. Once this is done, we can provide recommendations to you for improving your smile. That may include allowing you to see and touch a variety of samples of dentures. You may learn more about specific types of products available and how they work. In addition to these services, we may also recommend additional help for your smile and oral health, including:
- General dentistry services
- Dental extraction services
- Sedation dentistry services
- Root canal procedures
- Emergency dental services