What Are Adult Aligners?A range of companies makes teeth straightening solutions that apply to adult teeth. These aligners are fitted into the mouth generally with a tray application. With slight pressure and a customized design, the aligners create a snug fit and slowly move the teeth into the desired positions. They do not cause much discomfort. Adult aligners may be clear. That means the tray placed into the mouth is not colored but see-through. Invisalign is one such company that offers this type of technology. The clear aligners work just as well as any other, but they are harder to see. This is a benefit for people who don’t want others to know they are working to straighten their teeth. Other products exist as well. ClearCorrect is another product. These products work in much the same way in that they are customized to fit the teeth. One of the key benefits of this particular product is that it is designed to improve comfort. The aligners are better designed to match the gumline. That helps to minimize the appearance of them but also helps minimize damage to the tissues.
How Are Adult Aligners Selected?When you come in to see our team for a cosmetic dentistry appointment, we’ll discuss each one of the products and methods we offer. You can see these products up close to know what they offer. There are often several steps to the process:
- A consultation determines if clear aligners may work for your needs. There are some situations where they may be less effective.
- A 3D model of your teeth is created. This also includes a model of your bite.
- A treatment plan is then created for you based on that model. It will show how your teeth can be improved.
- The aligners are then custom-made for your mouth using computer precision to ensure the proper fit.
- We offer several treatment options. That includes Limited 6, Limited 12, and Unlimited. We’ll talk about them based on your needs during your appointment.
How Much Does Invisalign Cost?When choosing adult aligners, we need to consider the type of structure present and treatment goals. Cost is a big concern for many people. Our goal is to give you ample options, including alternatives products. The cost of Invisalign or other solutions can range from $3000 on up. Other options may also be available to you.
How Can You Start the Process of Getting Adult Aligners?No matter what type of cosmetic treatments you need, our Supreme Dentistry team wants to ensure your oral health needs are met. That’s why we offer a wide range of treatment options. We encourage you to learn more about each one, including:
- Dental Bonding
- Dental Implants
- Porcelain Veneers
- Teeth Whitening