What Are Dental Veneers?Veneers are a type of application placed over a tooth’s top. It adheres to the surface of the tooth. Once in place, it creates a more classically natural look and a new shape to the tooth. This type of veneer can offer help to those who have:
- Discoloration of the surface of the tooth
- A gap between teeth
- A chipped tooth
- A crooked tooth
- Misshapen teeth
- Other cosmetically bad teeth
Should You Get Porcelain or Laminate Dental Veneers?There are several types of applications that a dentist can use to improve the smile. Dental veneers are often made from composite or porcelain materials. They can sometimes stain but require less prep work to affix to the tooth. Many times, a person can receive them in a one-day appointment. Porcelain veneers are more expensive, but they offer a more natural look. They can also be more durable for some people. On the other hand, laminates are a significant difference. These are more advanced porcelain veneer products. Laminates are placed a bit differently. The enamel and the tooth structure do not require any alteration to affix these thin films to the teeth, which is common with dental veneers. This can be a better choice for those receiving these dental applications at a younger age because it does not damage the tooth’s health. Laminates are thinner than porcelain veneers and tend to be more expensive.
Benefits of Dental VeneersDental veneers are one of the most popular cosmetic dental procedures. They are an excellent way to improve your smile’s appearance and can correct various dental concerns. Some of the benefits of dental veneers include:
- Improved aesthetics: – Veneers can correct a wide range of aesthetic concerns, including gaps between teeth, misshapen teeth, and stained or discolored teeth.
- Increased durability – Veneers are made from extremely strong materials that resist staining and wear. With proper care, your veneers can last for many years.
- Improved oral health – Because veneers bond directly to your natural teeth, they can help to strengthen and protect them from further damage. In addition, veneers can help to correct alignment issues that can lead to tooth decay and gum disease.
Finding the Right Veneers for Your NeedsFor those who want to improve the look of their smile, Supreme Dentistry can help. We offer a range of veneers that may work well for your specific needs. Our team provides a wide selection of cosmetic dentistry services that can give you the desired smile. Some of the services we offer in addition to veneers include:
- Teeth whitening services
- Invisalign clear aligners
- Dental implant services
- ClearCorrect dental services
- Dental bonding services